Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Sunday not off

So my wife got a long weekend, 4 days, driving me nuts, seems her EU company gives her 5 weeks vacation, but it is expiring, take it or loose it. I spent Sunday on a never ending conference call I am still on, just muted the phone so my typing wouldn't be part of it. Exciting stuff in a way, we are doing a new company and installing all kinds of applications for it. MediaWiki is up, have a CentOS5.1 box and installing OpenVZ on it and other things. Feel that it looks promising, 5 people on the call, this is pretty good turnout.

I still want my idea of VoIP to be spread to the user groups. I attended a meeting of the OC Asterisk group in Irvine. Today being on this long call I feel as though I might like a better SIP phone then GrandStream provides, don't get me wrong, it has worked for years, but Polycom would be nice to play with. Maybe we, all the LUGs can make a mass purchase of phones. I would buy more for resale then I need, but the idea is to use the mass purchasing power to lower price. Actually just getting samples out to a group of people like this could stimulate demand. Maybe we could do a OneTelephonePerChild OTPC. I think that a VoIP phone would be a great addition to a broadband connection.

No comments: