So I finally get into my old XP hard disk, no keyboard, but it works without that as long as I only use the mouse. There is an on screen keyboard that you can get from the accessories acceptability menu, cool. Then I did the misstep of trying to do a reinstall restore from the XP CD, this led me to have the system ask me for the product key and now I am stuck. Hours spent rebooting and trying to fix things, made it worst. Maybe I will next try to copy files from the working XP to the broken one. Or simply a clean install.
I found a Google finance work around for the sorting problem, if you click one header to the right of the one you are trying to sort, it sorts the one on the left, well, not intuitive, but it works for me.