Total Pageviews

Friday, February 29, 2008

new job, new piggies

My first day at work was a real waste of time, I got a laptop with XP on it, spent hours reinstalling drivers as I was reading the wiki, XP sucks. I shoulda just blown away the partion and installed Ubuntu. The issue I have is that the drivers on the C:/DELL directory have really easy names like R107116, so that drives what, which of you is a network driver? Is OS X as obtuse? Ubuntu isn't. Anyhow afterwards I take lots of Togo's sandwiches from work to the Python meeting at Gorilla Nation, great talks about dJango, JQuery, and Cobra. Our host even provided dinner, good times.

I couldn't believe that Python floating point math was really that bad, until I ran it and did a .1*1 and didn't get .1 as an answer, wow, try 1.0/3, it is slightly off, something about floating point. Cobra has good math and all kinds of great features, like running on .NET and Mono, I was impressed with the talk. Chuck did a good job at it and seems he has spent 2 years writing Cobra, that is some time too. Couldn't take is picture for the blog, actually didn't take any pictures today, well maybe a few of the host, thanks Brad.

No comments: