Total Pageviews

Friday, January 25, 2008

short Twitter

I just had my cable modem replaced with a smaller newer model. They left the box, maybe I can eBay it someday, also have the old power brick plugged into it, they didn't bother swapping it. Nice guy, put bags on his boots, they aren't allowed to take the boots off, interesting, something about dropping a hammer on a foot, from the tool belt. Don't write about the dust bunnies or rats nest of cables down there, I will clean it up someday, like when I move out. So waiting for my carpool.

Charles gave me this IBM NetVista with OS/2 on it a few years back, I thought great, faster computer so I gave Mike the kitchen computer, which worked, but was noisy and older. Then the thing started crashing, until it didn't work at all. I pulled the motherboard and took it to BiPro for a replacement, David actually took the time to test the old board, and decided that although IBM makes good stuff, and he couldn't find any busted capacitors, it is in fact busted. I have looked at it several times in the sunlight in hopes of finding a cold solder joint, but didn't. I am stumped and tempted to play with it more, but obviously this isn't a matter of doing something rational anymore, more of a challenge, like trying to find a lost cellphone by calling 20 phone numbers that the theif/finder of the phone called. It was rather funny to watch that yesterday, wish him luck.

So this all started because I was going to Twitter that I got the cable modem replaced, but that site was temporarily broken again. As I see the wheel turning on that other T Tab.

No comments: