Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 10, 2008

KeyNote

I spent some time on the phone with an Apple fan boy talking about great stuff the iPhone does, the new law in California, you can't drive while holding a cellphone to your ear, had a JawBone, so no problem, and Office 2008 Mac, I verified it, which does exist and he claims to hear is better then the Windows version, no comment. I had to rack my brain to remember that great Power Point replacement, KeyNote, part of iWork, I had heard LJ talk about it fondly, likes it better then PowerPoint.

Got another call authorizing me to spend up to $500 for a new computer, where I will be loading Server 2008 and VS2008, which I got at the launch part :) I am good to play with this, I of course have to spend the money but knowing that someone will reimburse for hardware and time is a very nice feeling. I figure some kind of PC with at least 2 Gig or RAM. I am shopping Dell, Fry's and CallPCTech because I have to collect from them anyways, maybe I can simply get hardware.

So starting now I am a Windows fanboy, .NET and VS2008, funny how MS marketing works and a few drinks make me wear the LA NET developers group baseball cap everywhere. I have been attending .NET events for years and been interested in programming again, I am taking the leap.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the fold Ralf!! Finally get tired of trying to be a VoIP guy? :)

VS.NET and Windows 2008 server are cool things. I have been running Windows 2008 for months now participating in the beta,release candidate and early adopter program.

I also did that for 2003 and Vista as well.

I am deploying it into production and replacing my Ubuntu VmWare server with W2k8 and hyper-v.


Any idea where you want to focus in terms of programming? Do you want to do web apps? WinForms? Web Services?

Its a big world out there.

Anonymous said...

By the way you can follow my Microsoft adventures at my lives spaces blog at
http://charlesnw.spaces.live.com/

Not much there at the moment but definitely more this year as I move more and more of my operations onto Windows.

I'll be keeping Ubuntu on my laptop for now, due to the very heavy multi media and product development stuff I am doing which requires a Linux system.

However all my server side stuff can easily be done on Windows. Who knows I may not even have Linux guests.