Total Pageviews

Friday, November 30, 2007

Warren Buffet

I have been trying to invest for 15 years now. I don't claim to be any good at this, so don't ask me for advice, actually do ask me, but use me as a contrarian indicator if you must. I sometime do that myself. I like buying things that everyone hates, this is usually the time when a market bottoms. There have to be no bulls left, everyone who can sell has sold, some people can't sell a company because of various reasons, like they are long term investors, so they will wait a few years before the look at that particular stock again or they don't want to pay taxes on short term gains, or perhaps they know something the rest of the market is overlooking like the company is really going to do well in the future, something that is the most important thing.

So in the world of investing there is a company in Omaha NE that does really well since, gosh how how long, wiki says 1839 and the stock price is over 100k as of this writing, you can always buy a B share which is 1/30 th of an A share if this is too steep. I bought into them this year, great thing to own. It has done nothing but go up. Berkshire Hathaway is a keeper as far as I am concerned. It is even diversified, has several lines of bussiness in the verious companies that it has purchased over the years. I must go to Omaha NE some day and attend the shareholders meeting. This is a great story. Dream would be for me to move there and work for them, you listening Warren? I really want to bring you into the information age and who knows, I would love to talk stock with you someday, when I am worthy of talking to the Oracle of Omaha. So today I did some searching on the topic, the company is world famous and in a city of .4 million so it should be easy to find land and cheap housing in the area. Being a small town, I would imagine that the quality of life is better then El Segundo CA, not as much noise and perhaps not as worldly, but hey now that I am starting a family, who cares about that anymore? The big problem of course is how do you get someone like this to know you exist and you have skills? This one I will have to think about much longer. Mr Buffet, I would teach you how to blog for free. I bet you can make a pretty penny on advertising too, you are a brand that stands for excellence, more so then a Trump as far as I am concerned. I would sleep on a Warren any day.

Today Charles gave me a link to his very old blog, the one he had to remember his passwd too, lol... So I asked in the comments if he was stupid or something.

The Truman Show and the Matrix are moves that really change your view of the world. Like, is reality real?

No comments: