Total Pageviews

Friday, November 16, 2007

SIP

Had my SIP setup behind the NAT with STUN, today I changed it to DMZ then decided to try forwarding the SIP ports and RTP only, it works :) I am no longer dependent on a STUN server, I also setup Use NAT IP to the outside IP address. I bet if this address changes someday I will be unreachable as it will be sending out the wrong thing. Also since I made all these changes I can't just take this phone to another place without reconfiguring it. Oh well, tradeoffs, but I think that I am lowering bandwidth a little by not sending the keep alive. While at it did some dusting, washing and all the usual stuff you have to do to keep your home working. My YouTube ad gave me another partnership with someone who needs help with Asterisk. Mike seems to be very much into reliability. He is into buying the best equipment, using a reliable software provider, the best SIP phones. I on the other hand am into costs, happy to use GrandStream, no Asterisk server, instead rely on SIP providers that are free and give me good service.

No comments: