Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 18, 2007

PBX in a Flash

This comes from Charles at a time I am considering installing Asterisk for a client, although the guy has his own PBX supplier in the UK. But reading about PBX in a Flash gives me an alternative to TrixBox that according to the NerdVittles article seems very complete. Very similar to others it is CentOS based download as an ISO, burn, install, it wipes the HD clean, before installing.

I am looking through my browser history to find some worthwhile things I might have surfed in the past and find Apple iPhone and end up sharing my iPhone story.

On June 29 I went to the Apple store, not to stand in line, but to get help with xCode, and observe what Apple was doing with the launch, I wanted to learn more about development, but I knew that this iPhone was a really cool product. I do get kicked out of the store and sucked into the line, call a friend who hangs out with me. We move to the store and get in after waiting for hours and having the Islands people bring us food and Apple came by with water. What excitement, I buy a phone, I wasn't planning on owning, end up figuring out that geez, I am not nearly out enough to need a fancy cellphone, even one as cool as this one, I decide to take an offer from someone who desperately wanted it and sell it, get some profit for the trouble and keep on my extremely old LG330 on the 15/month contract. Last weekend I passed that one on to a friend who had no phone, he wanted to take over my contract, to his surprise Verizon took him on as a client. He doesn't have a job right now so even this small sum is a hard thing for him to pay, my hope is that if he is more reachable he can better find a job. Besides the ability to call out is also useful many times it can help save time. Anyhow 3 weeks ago we entered a contest and all won N95 phones, really cool, they are full featured, unlocked and open, 2 things the iPhone wasn't. But if the iPhone is ever unlocked and open, what a force it will be, the user interface and big screen are truely the best out there. This phone holds a very big promise. Great product. So I take someone to the store to see the iPhone, guess what Leopard is coming out and there again is a long line, leave for an hour and come back, line is longer, but I take a spot in it and we make it to the store, show him the phone, but alas, he had to pay extra to have it cracked and translated to his language. DRM and locking are so annoying, but keep up the good work Apple your products hold very much promise, too bad they are locked.

No comments: