Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 24, 2007

up early

Today I woke up really early so turned on my Keen.com and an old episode of Bonanza on KTLA5. Shame I slept in on Black Friday, didn't get a single great deal, heard the Apple store had discounts. It is about time I upgrade my PC, still running on an AMD1700 with 512 Meg RAM. Dual booting XP and Ubuntu 7.10. As I have mentioned in the past, Ubuntu is really becoming usable, considering it is free, perhaps my next PC shouldn't have Windows on it, why spend the money, Ubuntu is a solution for most my needs, and I still have this machine with an XP license to run Quicken, TurboTax or any apps that might need Windows. Or perhaps it is time to load GNUCash on Ubuntu again, haven't tried that in a while.

It is a long weekend, come to think about it, we needed to plan some outing, time to play. Perhaps I will go play tennis or soccer this weekend. Missed my Wednesday game because of the dentist filling a tooth, didn't feel up to it after that.

I think we are getting close to the heating season, I never called the gas company this year to light the heater. We are close to the ocean and usually we only heat here for a few days a year, not a big deal.

Often on weekends I now listen to MacBreak Weekly, Mad Money Machine, RizWords(not every day), Security Now, this WEEK in TECH, FLOSS Weekly and the Apple Quarterly Earnings Call on iTunes. I don't actually have an iPod anymore, I returned the last unreliable Nano, it didn't always boot and I got tired of figuring out the iPod reboot procedure, sold my iPhone, and now sometimes move MP3s on the N95, but mostly I listen right on the computer, right now MacBreak is going on in the background as I type this. I often read and listen to something at the same time, I am often only scanning, not interested in everything they talk about. Today they mentioned GTD, which when I looked it up in Google pointed me to the Wiki articule, that Charles had pointed me to before. Something for me to reread. I also heard him Leo talking on TWIT about Toynbee, A Study of History, 1934-1961, was a synthesis of world history, something that seems interesting to me as well, but at 12 volumes, I better read the 2 volume short version, or maybe just that Wiki articule, after all who has the time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What do you need keen.com for? Psychic readings and horrorscope???

Chris in Hamburg