Total Pageviews

Monday, October 1, 2007

Windows Live, Linux Kernel

What a strange thing to dream, Microsoft uses the Linux kernel and the OS is more of way to run internet widgets then an operating system. This way Microsoft no longer pays for Windows development, and makes money off open source. They perceive Google as the threat these days. So the Windows team is sent home, the shareholders are happy for the savings, they buy Linux, which is all but a trade mark right now, of course they fund the development and give pay for ad free web powered apps or free ad supported ones, but maybe that will just be the competition, Google. After all MS isn't ad supported right now, so why should it be in the future.

It is funny all that the new site is missing is having the logo change every special day, like Google's still does for those of you who haven't switched to iGoogle. I don't get why the special Google Logo changes, Google doodles isn't used on iGoogle.

Yea right, maybe Canonical will buy them somday, or they base their distro on Ubuntu like Linspire did, does MS get it? Or are they doomed to extinction?

Speaking of doodle, in reading the WikiPedia definition of it I got an image of making a movie of Alberto doodling, would be a rather neat thing to make this half real life half cartoon movie, maybe post it on YouTube to see if we can get some traction before going into real production and releasing. I keep thinking that some lucky company will hire this great cartoonist, like when Mad Magazine found Sergio Aragonés.

I keep getting the FaceBook invites, hear about them in the news and given that it seems like the 15 billion valuation that some are tossing around this sounds like a power house. I even heard an interview on the GoDaddy podcast about them. Amazing how someone created a free version to help Harvard students find things on campus and connect and they pretty much shutdown like so many student run things do. So in seeing my iGoogle HowTo of the day widget how to quit facebook, wow maybe I shouldn't ever get into this, or is the truth I need to start logging how much time I spend on this blog? Maybe this is my addiction that I could kick if only I kept track of how much time I spent doing this and then considered the alternative uses for this time?

No comments: