Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Fall Cleaning

Still looking for something to do with the pile. I need to get the space back. So today I am going to do some eBay listings, time permitting. I want to get my score up, currently only at 2.

I was told that this was a personal blog and boring, I guess that is all true, I did start this as a personal blog and then put some technical stuff on it. Keep the comments coming.

Today Ubuntu is having a release party, they released 7.10, which I had upgraded 7.04 to recently. Now my system is XP dual booting with 7.04. I am at a point where I might not boot into XP anymore. Ubuntu has FireFox, where I spend most my time using Google Apps, Open Office for that occasional file I need to open or create, and I can run a LAMP stack, so I don't need to run a separate Linux server like I have been doing for a very long time. Now if WINE would only support the rest of apps, or I could not use them, they are not as crucial. In our area LiLAX had a Ubuntu meeting and today in Santa Monica Ilan called for another.

So I am booting into XP one day and Ubuntu the next, deciding what to settle on. Ubuntu is pretty strong right now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now now. I didn't say it was boring. I said I read it because I am your friend, and people read my blog because they find it in a google search or are following my progress on various projects.

Different reasons for reading our respective blogs.

:)