Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Blogger

My experience with Blogger has been very positive so far, the interface is great and it basically works. Much easier then setting up your own. Adsense integration is easy as well, but I don't have much revenue. I have experienced problems uploading large movies, they don't make it clear what the size your video is and sometimes things just hang, because your are sending a file that is over 100 Meg. Sometimes it pays to paste into the HTML window, seems like it can drag lots of junk with a copy an paste into the compose tab, as I noticed with I copied:
Your blog can have up to 100 readers.
Which is what I am playing with now, I have a closed blog, that has subscribers, seems like a cool thing to play with, so I closed a blog, invited readers, although I have to say that the adoption rate has been pretty low. The blog has 5 authors, 4 subscribers and 12 open invitations, pretty poor performance, compared to the old numbers. Seems like you have an option to continue as a guest that lets you see the content, without affecting the numbers.
You'll need to sign in with a Google Account to confirm the invitation. If you don't have a Google Account yet, we'll show you how to get one in minutes, or you can view the blog as a guest for up to 30 days.

I will have to see if it gets any better after 30 days, probably not, I guess this is one more hurdle, that will diminish readership way below the numbers it used to get.

No comments: