Total Pageviews

Friday, December 7, 2007

Apple Retail


Watching CNBC again I saw a story on Apple opening another retail store in NY, the second biggest they have. I thought that the story of Apple retail is really interesting, they started it because computer stores didn't want to carry their product because it wasn't selling well enough, so Ron Johnson headed the retail operation and turned Apple stores into this hip place to be which sucks you in and gets you to spend all kinds of time there. I know I have spent hours there, checking email, listening to talks in the back. Maya, PhotoShop, iMovie, iDVD, FinalCutPro, iPhone, iTunes, switch at 6, .... I have listened to many talks there, they are very interesting and it is a really nice environment. I get it, they sell more per square foot then Best Buy. It is a great place, I enjoy it and I have been doing very well owning the stock as well. There is also such a big market of PC users they can switch to Apple, what an opportunity.

No comments: