Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 12, 2009

up all night

I got awoken a bit late last night and been up since. I guess not having dinner, late lunch made me restless, or is it the heat? Had some video conferences with a chap I met in Dublin, and he sends me a night camera link, lol. I could have turned on the light, but was playing with Stikcam which is pretty cool, albeit very slow, but hey maybe there were just many of me up all night.

Was looking at moving to Costa Rica, the happiest country on earth according to the Happy Planet Index. US way at the bottom, geez, what a mistake to move here. However reading the fine print shows us that
The nations that top the Index aren’t the happiest places in the world, but the nations that score well show that achieving, long, happy lives without over-stretching the planet’s resources is possible.
So maybe this place is just over-stretching the planet's resources. Which I guess will get corrected in this depression. So perhaps this isn't hell after all, just the center of global warming, but if oil can be expensive enough, maybe it can freeze over. Anyhow I have been looking at alternatives to all the mindless consumption here, last night I tried to turn off all electronic equipment, but that didn't last very long. I did however write on paper for the first time in a long time, my handwriting sucks. Trying very hard to get an IT Manager job at Mattel 2 miles from home, which would be great for my time and pollution. Been trying to cut down on diapers and stuff at home, so I don't need a bigger place. I even used to separate trash and compost when it made sense, but here I can't use the green stuff.

Yet I live in this industrial complex that may kill us all, the refinery just released loads of ammonia gas and the airport and sewage plant can't be good for my health either. I really am thinking of moving somewhere else.

No comments: