Total Pageviews

Friday, December 10, 2010

Rabbit Ears + Netflix trending?

I can't even remember how long ago it was I was getting a $140/month cable bill, and decided to slash it to $0/month, which it is now, I at first used some WiFi for the internet portion of the bill, until I got the bright idea of working from home, to take care of my family better and at that point signed up for DSL $30/month, however that has also been slashed in half after signing up for commercial WiFi.  I read the NYTimes today and see that many people are moving from cable, which is still 90% of the households out there to rabbit ears.  So I am not the only one.  I also signed up for Netflix to replace the movie channels, which is a great service, especially if the show or movie you want is available in streaming, and you don't have to wait a day for the DVD to arrive, I still have the 1 DVD/month $10 plan, however don't seem to be using DVDs very much at all.  So if I could get CNBC on the internet, I got it all.  I still have to try Uverse from AT&T, which seems to have some interesting features, however I think the main thing I should try is setting up my computer or iPad to get it and not do cable, which is mostly laden with ads.

No comments: