Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 20, 2007

NYTimes free, couchsurfing, CentOS

This morning, I get a Skype from LJ telling me that the market is good for a change to balance out the Skypes that I had done to him back when the market was down. So he mentions that the NYtimes is now free, I go on the site and find out about CouchSurfing, a pretty neat site about how to get around the world by exchanging your couch for someone else's, but it goes way beyond just housing.

CentOS keeps driving me nuts, things that are easy on Ubuntu aren't there. I am sure it is my inexperience with it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No. It's not your inexperience. Its RedHat and poor release engineering and just a general lack of niceties that Ubuntu (or more accurately Debian) provides.

I have administered a wide variety of machines and environments on different distributions (Gentoo. RedHat. Debian and friends.) Ubuntu/Debian is by far the easiest overall. Now there are some very nice things that RedHat makes incredibly easy that are a bit more difficult in Ubuntu. But its a worth while trade off in my opinion to stick with Ubuntu.