Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Internet Telephoney Conference&Expo

Took the train to Internet Telephony since I was carpooling to Irvine afterwards for UUASC's Enterprise Storage talk. Those train ticket machines are quite confusing, I wonder if Apple could design them better? Imagine some easy to use really slick looking ticket machines, or even tickets right on your iPhone. After all they have the easiest to use phone interface I have seen. I keep hearing about the gPhone on Rizz podcast. These people are crazy, the podcast every day, wow. Only bad thing is the lack of tactile feedback, I can't dial a number without looking like on my old LG 303.

Anyhow the room was smaller then the shows back in the .COM boom. I guess that it got cut down to the right size after a year of no show. I collected lots of cards, won and iPhone, only to be told that I had to be there to collect it :( and filled in my bingo card for the Toyota FJ Cruiser, got to say that there were less then 1000 people present for that, but alas another one won, I didn't show for the iPhone where I was called, total 3 names that didn't collect it, I sure could have used one.


Spent all my time speaking to vendors, recruited some to talk at LiLAX, others I actually need a PBX from for some possible sales. Towards the end of the show I made an offer and got a GrandStream BT200 for a fair price, like at a farmer's market, at the end of the show, everything is dead weight. I am guessing I could have even offered less, and bought more things with the cash I had on hand. Darn, should have made a bid on the 2020 model, it is rather nice looking, and I have a client for a high end phone too. So much stuff available, not sure I can make sense of all of it. I got to say that even though I didn't attend the Fonality talk, they are on my shortlist because I already installed TrixBox several times and know how to use it. Besides it is probably better to go with the guys that support an open source project. This makes it less mysterious technology then the proprietary ones.

Next year I must take a camera and computer to blog at the show, it is worth attending.

No comments: