Total Pageviews

Friday, February 11, 2011

laying in bed

the roosters are crowing, and I found 3 bars of WiFi from the Hotel Salinas in the house, so I can actually do somethings, but of course a shared Tricom connection, doesn't go fast. My knee is doing pretty bad, hope it gets better fast, have had really bad experiences with knees in the past and this one does hurt.
I was very close to installing BroadnetWireless Meraki's here, but the hotel owner in the end wanted local support and I couldn't say that I would be all the time, plus his usuall IT guy didn't understand all the advantages that Meraki offers, mostly it came down to price, $200/OD2-PROaccess point just didn't do it for him. Anyhow I would be interested in a cheaper technology that can mesh on Linksys WRT54G routers. I know it won't be as clean or nice as a Meraki, but hey they want cheap. 

No comments: