Total Pageviews

Friday, January 2, 2009

Mac Book Pro

I have had some great days, still on a pretty neat Mac, where I would like to play with bootcamp and try Ubuntu on it, hear it is the best Vista laptop from 2007, but who cares, that is proven, Ubuntu would be far more useful to me on an ongoing basis. Leopard is great, love it and it is the fastest booting and resuming laptop I have ever used. Stable as well, I don't have it crash hardly ever, but I do have iMail go bad on me from time to time, but then I guess it has something to do with all the switching internet connections that it suffers.

Speaking of which, I have been watching movies and mostly that works, but sometimes I get interrupted. I remember testing the T3, and it was substandard, this is a 803.11b WiFi connection to a 6Mb/s cable modem, not bad, but still less then advertised, but there is more traffic on the network, just seems less then it ought to be.

Download Speed: 3242 kbps (405.3 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 493 kbps (61.6 KB/sec transfer rate)


So Netflix is still great, but the mail movies do work better then the streaming instant ones.

Today I got a follow up call from Service Majic they are still trying to get more pros on their website. It seems like a real service, and I even got 2 quotes in trying it the other way around, having pros call me to do a wiring project, a bit pricey, both the service and the pros but I guess they are bonded and licensed and all that costs. Anyhow I am still too busy to play with it more, but seems like a way for maids, plumbers and perhaps PC repair men to get business.

No comments: